Thursday, March 14, 2013

JFTR..... I Am My Own Worst Nightmare.

   I recently had a conversation about the absurdities that are wonderful, attractive, awesome women who trap themselves with men that are abusive in a variety of ways. Women who, for some reason, will deal with all sorts of harassment because this imbecile men will say they love them or show moments of regret of willingness to change.  There are few things in this world that instantly infuriate me and this is probably number one on that list.

   As I sat there trying to wrap my mind around the logic and thought process that could allow this to happen, I had a realization.  To an infinitely less degree I do this to myself.  The women I have recently tried to date are not abusive in any sense of the word, but I get enamored with these objectively awesome women, who are simply not that interested in me.  I don't know if it is because the women I am attracted to are uber ambitious and I threaten their dreams.  Or more than likely I just don't do it for these ladies.  But I make endless excuses for them when I just need to cut my losses, give my ego a loving rub, and continue my search.

   Now obviously neither of these behaviors are alright. I am not trying to justify either of these behaviors.  They are both self destructive and I can tell you right now, my self denial stops now.

No comments:

Post a Comment